Do you love asparagus?
I mean, do you really really love asparagus?
|beautiful king protea
Kupu Maui is planning their spring celebration serving, you guessed it, asparagus appetizers (or pupu as you say here in Hawaii). Pupu will being served between 3:30-6:30pm at the Anuhea Asparagus and Flower Farm (specializing in protea) in Makawao.
Kupu Maui is a local pop-up ‘restaurant’ that pops up 5 times a year at various farms, offering a unique farm to table experience. Meet local foodies and enjoy a unique meal in a very unique setting!
Have a look at this menu:
Kupu Maui – Reception Style Featuring Revolving Appetizers
- Asparagus “Soda” club soda + simple syrup
- Kim Chee Asparagus garlic + ginger + fish sauce + maui onions
- Raw Asparagus Pesto Canape crouton + toasted pinenuts
- Asparagus “Spanakopita” feta cheese + phyllo dough + maui onions + smoked greek yogurt
- Hoisin Ginger Grilled Asparagus rice wine + garlic + cilantro
- Charred Asparagus Goma Salad bonito flake + fermented black garlic puree + japanese mayo
- Crab + Asparagus Tips grated eggs + egg emulsion + parmesan cheese + tobikko
- Harissa Grilled Asparagus basil + fresh mozzarella cheese
- Pickled Asparagus + Olive Oil Poached Kona Kampachi + kalamata olives + surfing goat dairy baked feta cheese + lemon zest
- Asparagus Strawberry Salad balsamic reduction + chocolate shavings + moloka’i lemon salt
- Charred Asparagus + Spanish Chorizo smoked paprika tomato sauce + manchego cheese
- Asparagus + Herb Pork Tenderloin camembert dijon cream + caramelized shallots + crushed marcona almonds
- Asparagus Surfing Goat Dairy Goat Cheese Gelato
- Asparagus Lemon Olive Oil Cake
- Asparagus “Poky