Currently there’s an interesting discussion thread on Tripadvisor’s Maui forum that I thought I’d expand on. When you book a vacation rental condo on Maui, what can you expect to find and what should you bring from home? What should be on your Maui packing list?
Vacation rentals and what is provided can vary greatly across the US and Canada. On Maui you can generally expect to find the following in a fully furnished vacation rental condo:
- beach towels
- a starter pack of paper towel, toilet paper, trash bags and soap
- dishes, pots and pans, small kitchen appliances
Beyond that it really depends on the owner, management company and cleaner. Some have a bare cupboard policy, others allow certain things to be left behind by guests. It’s a good idea to ask the owner/management company.
If you are staying at one of our Maui Oceanview Condos’ apartments, you will also find the following:
- beach chairs, boogie boards, cooler (no umbrella unless left by a guest)
- laundry soap/fabric softener
- dish washer pods
- tin foil, plastic wrap
- fully stocked spice rack, salt & pepper
- small DVD library (and a dedicated condo netflix account)
- hair dryer
- small book library
- Maui guide book
- power bar (to charge electronics)
- laundry drying rack
- basic cleaning supplies
Our policy is to evaluate things left behind by guests – we will leave some cooking oil and condiments if they look to be in good shape. If you are a guest and think something is questionable, please throw it out.
Your Maui packing list
Things you may consider bringing if you have room in your luggage:
- a few ziploc baggies (for leftovers, snacks, your cell phone at the beach, to pack that wet swim suit on your last day)
- extra trash bags (we provide 3-4)
- your favorite bar of soap, shampoo/conditioner
- sunscreen and after-sun care product
- your favorite spices (a couple spoonfuls in a ziploc bag in checked luggage)
- a few extra rolls of toilet paper (we supply 2 rolls/toilet)
- a swim suit or two and a favorite beach cover-up if desired
- casual clothing and shoes (even at the fancy restaurants all you need is a pair of khakis and Hawaiian-style top or a cute sundress).
But guess what? If you forget anything, we have stores here! You can just easily run out and buy it!