It’s that time of year again – the 12th annual Maui Seed to Cup Event. If you are scratching your head, wondering what this may be – it is a coffee event! It’s free, open to the public, and held tomorrow Sunday August 4th at the Maui Tropical Plantation in Waikapu.
If you are at all interested in Maui grown coffee – check it out! Talk with different coffee growers and roasters and learn more about than you thought there was to know 🙂
The following info is from the promotional email I received from the Mill House at the Maui Tropical Plantation! See you there!
Free Admission + Open to the Public!
at the Maui Tropical Plantation
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- 9:00 am Opening Blessing and Event Begins
- 9:30 am Coffee Sensory Evaluation
- 10:30 am Taste the Roast Workshop
- 11:30 am Coffee Inspired Food Available for Purchase at Maui Chef’s Table
- 12:00 pm Zenshin Daiko Drummers
- 1:00 pm Baking with Coffee Demonstration by The Mill House Restaurant
- 1:30 pm Barista “Throwdown” sponsored by Old Lahaina Coffee
- 3:00 pm Na Hoku Winner – Barry Flanigan and Eric Gilliom “HAPA”
Trade show booths throughout the village at the Plantation.
Bring friends, family, and keiki. See you there!
9:30 am – 10:30 am: Coffee Sensory Evaluation
Join us for a demonstration of how to professionally evaluate coffee! Quality Grader David Hall will help you explore the industry-standard approach to tasting coffee! Leave with free samples and a greater understanding of how specialty coffees are determined.
1:30 am – 3:00 pm: Barista “Throwdown” sponsored by Old Lahaina Coffee
An event for all baristas in Maui to come together and celebrate their craft. Baristas show their skills in this lively competition. We can’t wait to see what works of latte art are created this year!